Saturday, August 8, 2009

How do i find out what my email server is. I have a form asking me if it's pop3 or imap for incoming, and for

also, it wants to know the stmp. I have looked all over yahoo mail for this and cannot find the answer.

How do i find out what my email server is. I have a form asking me if it's pop3 or imap for incoming, and for
Go Yahoo Mail (I use the old Yahoo Mail format) %26gt; Options %26gt; POP Access %26amp; Forwarding %26gt; View POP Settings %26gt; "Incoming Mail Server (POP3): pop.mail.yahoo.ca" %26amp; "Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP): smtp.mail.yahoo.ca".





POP3 %26amp; IMAP are two of the most prevalent Internet standard protocols for e-mail retrieval.





I had to find this information too for setting up Mozilla Thunderbird %26amp; MS Outlook Express as my computer's email clients. I suspect you are doing the same in which case, you probably will want to set up newsgroups (public email bulletin boards) as well. To do that, you need your NNTP, which is usually the name of your ISP followed by "news", so in my case it is "shawnews".
Reply:Yahoo only uses POP, and Gmail gives a choice between POP %26amp; IMAP. I just tried IMAP with Gmail, and IMAP is definitely better because IMAP interacts with the server so that for example email sent or deleted on Thunderbird is put in a sent folder or deleted on Gmail, Report Abuse



No comments:

Post a Comment