Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Email server query, whats best to look for?

I have a website with over 40,000 members I wish to start sending them newsletter/emails.





I contacted my server and they told me to upgrade my plan, but the plans they offer are very expensive.





I've been looking at getting a good email server, but I don't know what to look for. I don't know how much space I would need etc.





Can someone tell me of a good email server thats reasonably cheap.





I wish to send email with nice templates, like ebay do etc





Please help

Email server query, whats best to look for?
You haven't given any information of what server you have, what operating system, or what company hosts it. Without that information it's hard to give a tailored answer as to what you can do.





If you are using a linux server, mail servers are free, and you should be able to install one quite easily. If your server is Windows, there are lots of free mail servers out there too.





Once you've got the mail server set up, and configured it's DNS entries, you can then use any mail client such as outlook to send your mails. You will have to obtain the e-mail list for all your members, obviously, from your website. As for templates, you'll have to make them yourself.




qualitative research

No comments:

Post a Comment