Saturday, August 8, 2009

How do I configure Outlook so that it mirrors my email server (see details)?

Should I be using POP3 instead of IMAP if I want my inbox and sent box on my


laptop to mirror my third party's email server and what do I need to change


to get it to do so? Here are the details....





I'm using Outlook 2003 and have it configured to IMAP. I'm accessing my


university's email account (which also uses Outlook) through Outlook on my


laptop (remotely). The problem is that (1) when I send an email via logging


on to the server, the Outlook on my laptop doesn't update my sent box when I


open it, (2) when I retrieve an email via logging on to the server, my


laptop's Outlook still thinks that it's new mail and, (3) the same is true


vice versa. What I want is for my laptop's Outlook to look at and mirror my


school's Outlook (but ONLY when it comes to my inbox and sent items - i.e., I


still want to retain my (laptop's) Outlook's personal preferences like


display name, rules, alerts, stationary, etc. - my school's Outlook is rather


stripped down).





--

How do I configure Outlook so that it mirrors my email server (see details)?
No, POP3 will not do what you are interested in.





It's not about syncing up Outlook. It's about syncing up with your school's email severs. Only your school can say whether this options is available or not.


No comments:

Post a Comment